It's been a few weeks (or should I say months) since I've linked up with Kenlie over at All The Weigh. I've been itching to get back into the routine of some link ups as I've always enjoyed doing them and meeting new bloggers. This is always a trusty link up!
So here it goes!
1. What are your talents? I'm really good with computers, software end anyway. I'm a good listener and I'm good at planning things.
2. What is your best habit? I eat breakfast everyday. It's the most important meal of the day!
3. If you had to be stuck with someone in an elevator for 8 hours, who would you want it to be? Terrific question! Probably the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton). I want to know what her life is like, how her and Wills got together, how she's enjoying being a princess, what the inside of the castles are like. I want all the details.
4. Share one odd fact about you that we’d never know to ask. Growing up I wanted to be an architect. It lasted through most of high school until I realized all the liability that was involved and that I was outnumbered in the tech classes by the guys by like 1 to 24. I ended up switching tracks in high school to family and consumer science and ended up going to school for teaching. I regret both of those decisions.
5. What’s your latest project (work, home, whatever you care to share?) I'm always looking for things to turn into "projects". I'm trying to be more organized, I'm working on getting back on the diet bandwagon and of course my project for the next four years or so is hiking the 46 High Peaks.
6. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? My teeth. I have no room in my mouth for my teeth and my mom didn't have the money to get me braces growing up...and of course now as an adult I don't have the money for them either. I get more and more aware of it the older I get. I wonder if it's why I haven't been able to meet the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with or if it holds me back from different opportunities. And yes, little kids point it out and yes even though they're little kids it still hurts my feelings.
7. What do you do in your spare time? Blog, hike, pin, watch too much TV, read too many magazines, eat too much food.
8. What is your biggest pet peeve? Oh man, I have so many. The first thing that comes to mind would be people who do or don't do things based on their significant other. For example, "I don't shop at WalMart because my boyfriend doesn't let me." Oh really? I thought you were your own person who could spend your own money wherever the hell you want.
Oh and leggings, I hate leggings.
9. Why do you blog? I started to hold me accountable, I continue because I guess I have a lot to share?? And I love the people I've gotten to meet from it. *hugs computer screen*
10. Are you tidy or messy? I try to be tidy and I think for the most part I am. I hate doing dishes though...I've got a sink full of them right now.
11. What’s the last song that played on your iPod? I don't have an iPod....so there.
12. Do you cook? If so, what’s for dinner tonight? Sometimes, but not too often. I live by myself and I tend to waste food if I make a big thing. So if I have someone to cook for I don't mind doing it, but for the most part no. Tonight I'll be having a Lean Cuisine.13. Do you like sports? If so, list your teams. I love football, I root for the Giants. I also love watching Olympic sports, gymnastics, bobsledding, snowboarding, skiing, swimming etc.
14. How often do you read and/or watch the news? I'm a news reader. I read various newspaper websites, mostly Adirondack based. I listen to NPR (nerd alert!) but I don't ever watch the news. It annoys me. With reading I can pick and choose which news I want to know about, of course this means I'm pretty uneducated in most current events.
15. Did you stick to your new Year’s resolution this year? For the most part. My resolution was to lose weight and that I did. I haven't reached my goal weight, but I feel like I could get pretty close to it by the end of the year if I can get back into the swing of things.
16. What are you looking forward to most in the remainder of 2011? Hmmm...not sure really. It's been an uneventful year and I don't really have anything major coming up, so we'll see!
17. Shoes, sunglasses or handbags? I am definitely a purse and sunglasses addict. Shoes I don't really care about, but the other two I can shop for anytime day or night!
18. How do you feel about sleeping on satin sheets? I don't feel anything about that, I've never slept on satin sheets. I would imagine it to be cold.
19. Do you sing in the shower? No, but I do tend to talk to myself in the shower. You know like prep myself for things I have to discuss with people or whatever.
20. Describe yourself in one word. Eager