I've blogged about many of the things I've done, but I wanted to do a general overview of what has been accomplished. The list and it's current standings is as follows...
2) Hike Mount Marcy (the highest peak in the Adirondacks)
3) Take a trip to Lake Placid
9) Do some kind of volunteer work
10) Get summer pictures developed
11) Find a new job
12) Lose 15 pounds by my birthday
13) Take any birthday money I get and get a new digital camera
14) Take a picture every day
15) Run a mile without stopping
19) Sit around a fire with good friends
23) Do some kind of outside activity every day that it isn't raining
24) Cancel my credit card before they charge me the outrageous annual fee
25) Put all babysitting money towards paying off said credit card
26) Visit a museum/tourist attraction
29) Do something with my porch like add some hanging plants or plant flowers in the boxes, so that I want to spend more time out there.
30) Get my final Forever Adirondack pin in Ticonderoga
31) Participate in an Adirondack Mountain Club function
32) Finally burn the collection of movies I have sitting on my computer and add them to my book
33) Spend a day going to garage sales
34) Read 3 books
35) Host a blog giveaway
39) Bike 100 miles in one month
41) Send more happy mail
42) Visit my aunts and uncle
43) Add pictures to my adventure journal
44) Visit a brewery I haven't gone to before
46) Wear a dress
47) Make smore's OVER A FIRE (I have a gas stove and sometimes make them with those flames, haha)
48) Go to The Great Escape
50) Visit the track during track season
Don't ya'll laugh at my lack of MS Paint skills.
Some of the things that I know I won't be getting to on this list would be;
- Losing 15 pounds by my birthday. It's in 2 weeks, and I haven't been "dieting" I've been maintaining and don't plan on seriously dieting again until the 1st. So that's a no go, and I won't even stretch it to 15 pounds by the end of the summer, instead I'll say 5 pounds by the end of August?
- Hiking Mount Marcy. As much as I would've loved to have done this, I'm not conditioned to do it just yet. My real hiking season doesn't really kick in until mid August and although that will allow for a couple of the smaller high peaks, by the time I'd be ready for Marcy there would be threats of snow on top. So, maybe next summer.
- Get my last Forever Adirondack pin. This would require a day trip to Ticonderoga during the week, since I don't have time off to use and can't afford to take a day off during the week, I probably won't get to this one. I'm also unsure if they're still offering the pins as it was a promotion from last summer.
- Take a picture everyday, do an outside activity every day that it's not raining...I've failed miserably at both of these. However it doesn't mean that I haven't taken a lot of pictures or haven't spent a lot of time outside.
So that still leaves a lot to be done! I'm going for my 100 bike miles in the month of August, I'm in the midst of reading two books, I've been sending quite a bit of happy mail and am starting to think about what to put together for a blog giveaway!
So, I know a bunch of you came up with summer lists of your own, how are you doing with yours? Where do you stand on the things YOU'VE done this summer??