Pages

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm here....I'm here!!

*jumps up and down waving frantically*

I'm well aware of my serious lack of blogging over the past week-ish.  I wish I could just say, "I don't have anything to blog about" but the reality is that's not true!  I've actually been doing lots of fun things and enjoying lots of new things.

I've just been lazy, and distracted, and actually busy at work.

So what have I been doing?  Well I can for sure tell you that I've been eating and I HAVEN'T been exercising.  Because I'm a bum and that's all I have to say about that.

Moving on...

Last week I enjoyed some days with the girls I babysit for.  I was asked by the mom to take a couple of days off work to sit for them the whole day.  Of course I jumped at the chance (more pay, more fun, lesser hours?  yes, please).  It was great fun, and the good news is that the baby FINALLY got used to me.

Seriously.

We've been like strangers in the night for the past year (she's 11 mos) since I really only sit for this family during the evening, she was always asleep!  At the end of Friday, we were best friends...which is so nice, because I adore babies/toddlers and was super sad that she hated me.

The girls and I enjoyed beach time, games, walks and playing outside.  I loved it!

I wish I had pictures, but I don't.  Not only have I been terrible at blogging, eating and exercising, I've been terrible at taking pictures.

I also spent the weekend soaking up the sun and just enjoying summer.

And napping, I've been doing a lot of napping.  Probably too much napping, like I've gotten into the habit of napping after work...oops!

Saturday night was a big deal because I went to my first rodeo of the season (it opens up July 4th).  Which also means I got to spend time with my dear friend Eileen, who I never get to see as often as I would like.

In the summer it's common to see the Painted Pony truck, with this number in tow:


All class.  What can I say?  I have a thing for cowboys.

With that said I have a confession to make.

I bought a country CD.

Yes, you heard right.

A country CD.

I loathe country music.  I especially loathe country singers that infiltrate my pop music airways (Taylor Swift, Shania Twain, Carrie Underwood etc).

So what CD did I buy?

The Band Perry.

And I flipping LOVE it.

This is so unlike me.

You may as well throw me a cowboy hat and some boots and shout YEEHAW because I've clearly missed my calling as a cowgirl.


So that's it really.  That's where I've been and what I've been up to.  I wish I had something way more interesting than babysitting, sitting in the sun and blasting country music out my car windows...but you're out of luck this time.

Oh and PS, I am DEVASTATED that Ryan was shown the door on The Bachelorette this week.  You all know how much I loved him.  Do you think he likes cowgirls??

14 comments:

Lauren said...

My heart broke for Ryan we he looked and her and said, "You...don't want to meet my family?" He wasn't my favorite, but he wasn't my least favorite guy either. I just felt so terrible for him.

Anonymous said...

I love TBP. I didn't think I would, really, but they have some great songs and I love their lyrics. Give in to the Country... it calllssss to you. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am glad you are back. I have been missing the pink flowery "A".

Uhmm-- where are you?? 696 is a phone prefix around me in TN!! ;)

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun. All but the country music. Yikes! LOL! Hope your summer is going well!

Jill said...

The Band Perry are awesome...although I can't listen to the song "If I Die Young", makes me cry. :(

Glad to hear I'm not the only flaking on my healthy eating/exercise mission. *sigh* Summer is so hard. (ha - I say the same in the winter!)

High Peaks Pammie said...

Glad you're ok. Missed your musings. Sabaticals are good for you. HHHP sabatical in Old Forge consisted of 8 bars in one day. Embrace babies that aren't your own. Country music is acceptable in moderation, but if you call it Country Rock, it's even more acceptable.

Miss Angie said...

Glad to hear you're alive and well girlie! :)

I don't watch the Bachelorette, but man he's a cutie!

Ixy said...

I also have a healthy dislike for country music. Now I'm curious about this band that converted you!

Stacie said...

Love The Band Perry! And naps!

Connie said...

I love country music! I used to be a cowgirl. And you can be my cowboy.

I have no feeling for Ryan. I only have eyes for JP.

I missed you....

Rebecca said...

haha this cracked me up!! I love The Band Perry! I was pretty excited because time the country stations stopped playing "If I Die Young" the pop stations all picked up on its popularity so they play it now. Maybe there's hope for some more country music for you yet ;)

Steph @ Thoughts From Cali said...

Sounds like you are having a fun summer so far.

Anonymous said...

First off - I love that your tag at the bottom says 'redneck tendencies'. That cracks me up!! :o)

I love The Band Perry, too. You Lie is such a good song. I can't believe you don't like other country music!! How can you like cowboys, but not country music?

Ashley said...

So glad you had a great few days babysitting! I did that for years and loved it and the kids I watched. They are growing up now and it's crazy how old they are getting now! I feel like an old bag! lol

I am with you on sucking about taking pictures. One day I want to take pictures of EVERYTHING like everyone else does. Picture blogs are fun and I suck. lol

The Band Perry is AWESOME. Love them. But I love country anyway.. lol