Pages

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, April 18, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award



Can you believe that someone has awareded ME with this award?!  Nothing about me says I'm "stylish" - but I don't think that's the point of the award anyway.  I think it's more like and award for just being...awesome?  Maybe...I'm going to go with yes.


The gorgeous Miss Ashley from MrsHocusPocus has chosen me as one of her five to pass the award on to!  Isn't she so sweet??  And - I told her it came at a perfectly convienient time because because work is slow and I'm all caught up on my weekend blogs and e-mail! :)  Ashley is a sweetheart and we share a love of Panera's french onion soup so go ahead and visit her and tell her I sent ya!


So part of winning the award is telling you all 7 random things about myself...here it goes!

 
1. I'm the newest member of the Adirondack Mountain Club's Glens Falls-Saratoga Chapter!  I signed up yesterday and I'm SO excited.  I'm thrilled to be able to participate in the programs they put on without having to con less than thrilled friends into going with me.

2. I'm an only child and my mother never married.  It was lonely growing up, I had a lot of board games but no one to play with.  I don't think I'd trade it in to have a sibling.  Dealing with my mother is enough (we don't really get along that great).

3. I've been blogging since January, but I've switched hosting sites THREE times.  Yes, I'm that indecisive about EVERYTHING in my life.  I like change - I don't like feeling like I'm stuck.  It kind of upsets me to know that I don't really have good documentation of the last few months when I HAVE been blogging about them, but that's the consequence of being indecisive I guess, haha

4. I love all things Disney!  In particular I'm a big Mickey Mouse fan.  I tend to buy random stuff just because it has Mickey on it so I have some random household decor that has Mickey on it.  I also collect Mickey Mouse glassware like mugs and cups.  I usually find them at garage sales or flea markets although I did get a good deal on two plastic cups from Target a month or so ago.


5. I don't have a lot of patience and have a short temper.  As you can imagine they don't go hand in hand very well.  What little patience I have is for little kids.

6. My two most favorite foods are PIZZA and PASTA SALAD.  Two things I could eat all day, everyday.  I'm constantly trying to think of new ways to incorporate pizza into my diet without blowing my calorie intake for the day, but really there's nothing better than pizza joint slices with ranch or some pasta salad drenched in italian dressing and over crowded with cheese, pepperoni and onion.

 
 

7. I LOVE Boston.  LOVE - it's my second most favorite spot ever.  It's the only city I'd ever live in if I was forced to live in a city.  I never get tired of visiting it (or the aquarium).  I didn't make it out there last summer so hopefully I will this summer.  My first favorite spot?  Lake Placid, NY.  I hope someday to live there.
Lake Placid, NY

Boston
  
So now who to pass the award on to?  Well I'm a little torn on this because I have a feeling that most of the blogs I love to read have already done this and I would like to try and keep with the idea Ashley had about recognizing a couple of the smaller blogs soooo here it goes!

Annette @ NotMollyMom
Vanessa @ JFamForLife

I have so many blogs that I follow and love that it was really hard to pick individuals out for this - I also have a feeling a few of you have already done this so I apologize for any repeat awards!  I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

For real, I'm not sucking up here.

There are a couple of rules that go with this if you choose to accept the award and pass it on to 5 other bloggers:
 
1. Link back and thank the person who gave it to you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 5 stylish blogs you read.
4. Contact them and tell them about their award!
 
Have fun!!!

1 comment:

Brandy@YDK said...

woooohooo you are a good sharer! i love pizza. i could eat it forever. that and cereal